Pre-purchase Home InspectionsHelping buyers make a great decision!
Why have your home inspected?
Better negotiating power
Your inspection report can give you the upper hand in negotiations with the seller to either resolve major issues or adjust the purchase price accordingly (referred to as “sellers concessions” by your realtor).
Keep your family safe
Our licensed inspectors follow a comprehensive checklist to identify potential safety hazards that if unchecked could cause a fire, injury, or illness. We’ll also help you with a maintenance plan to avoid future problems.
Identify costly repairs
Ever seen the movie “The Money Pit”? The last thing any new buyer wants is an unplanned repair. We’ll assess the home’s major components and systems so you can look for a different home or budget for repairs appropriately.
What you get:
If you’re getting a mortgage, your bank will probably require a home inspection from a licensed inspector. But what’s in it for you as the future homeowner? Our team of professional home inspectors have the expertise and technology to give you the information you need when buying a home in Raleigh, Durham, Wake Forest and surrounding areas.
Not only are we licensed by North Carolina, but we have certifications galore from AHIT, InterNACHI, the FAA, plus we’re “Screened and Approved” by HomeAdvisor. We go far beyond what most home inspectors in our area provide, from the technology we use to our best-in-class customer service.
Here’s what is included in a Nest Egg Pre-purchase Inspection:
On-site Comprehensive Inspection
Our licensed home inspector assesses the current condition of your home’s major components and systems to identify potential repairs or safety hazards. This includes your home’s:
- Electrical system including breaker box, GFCI’s, etc.
- Plumbing system from wells to water heaters to fixtures
- HVAC (Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning) system including heat pumps, humidifiers, HRV, etc.
- Structural system including your foundation, chimney, and masonry walls
Drone Roof Inspection
Included with our home inspection for buyers, our advanced drones document:
- Condition of your roof system
- Condition of your chimney system
- Condition of your gutter system
We’re fully insured and licensed by the FAA (Federal Aviation Administration) as sUAS pilots. We operate our drones with safety in mind while giving you the information you need to know about these hard-to-access locations.
Infrared Scan of your ceiling & walls
Our handheld infrared scanner allows our inspectors to “see” through walls to uncover:
- Moisture damage
- Evidence of leaks from faulty plumbing or roofing
- Insulation or ductwork issues
We’re “Infrared Certified” by InterNACHI, the International Association of Certified Home Inspectors, who holds us to the highest standards in the industry.
Detailed report with plenty of photos
Within two business days of the inspection date, we’ll send you a link to download our complete Inspection Report. Our report will:
- Detail critical issues with photographs and recommendations for a resolution
- Identify emerging issues to watch
- Help you create a preventative maintenance plan to avoid costly repairs
Follow-up after your inspection
A few weeks after your report is delivered, we’ll follow-up to see if you have any remaining questions after you’ve had time to review your report. In the meantime, feel free to contact our team:
- Have a question on an item on the report?
- Need a recommendation for a top-notch home service provider in the Raleigh-Durham-Wake Forest area?
- Want to make sure that a repair was fixed properly? One free follow-up visit is included to check up on proper resolution of items noted in the report.
Get in touch with our team!
We would be happy to answer your questions personally, or check our frequently asked questions. As soon as you’re ready, we’ll schedule a prompt inspection to give you the information you need quickly.